Menu Members Guests LTQ
BOFHcam navigation bar


1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024

May's Journal
July's Journal

Again, I'm behind on keeping this journal up. I think it's because I'm not in work for the most part any more. That is, not in the office. I'm still working full time from home. But anyway, let me tell you what went on in June.

It finished with Rel and I heading to Penrith to see my whole family for a mini-holiday, and also my brother's (at the time incomplete) new-build house. It looked fab, as does the new school for my nephew. We managed to squeeze in a few walks, and I got in a run, even if it was basically up the side of a mountain, and back down again. I was slightly inexplicably shattered after I got back and spent the rest of the day and much of the following collapsed on the sofa, not to mention sweating heavily in bed at night. I was semi-thankful that Rel hadn't been able to stay and I perspired alone. It was only when I got home and took a test that I found I was extremely strongly infected with COVID-19. My first (confirmed) case of it. It took me a few days to properly get over it.

Luckily I was properly over it (although I did give it to the rest of the family, annoyingly) by the time Rel and I took my parents to a safari park down in the south east of England. We all stayed in some amazing accommodation while eating delicious food, and tooling around in our own private golf cart. The latter was extremely useful as the park was rather large and very hilly in places. We got to see lions, and tigers, and bears...

From there Rel and I came home, and then a day later drove to Milton Keynes to take part in our first 24 hour race. I didn't do anywhere near as well as I wanted to, but Rel did a lot better, putting in two more laps (possibly more, I was trying to sleep and not managing it). After that Rel headed off to Cornwall to begin her run along the South West Coastal Path and I got on with my work. Lately that has consisted of a number of RHEL 7 to RHEL 8 LEAPPs. All of which appear to have gone smoothly, which is mildly surprising, but very gratifying.

At the end of the month I headed down to Cornwall to spend Rel's birthday with her (and for her to have a few days of rest).