So you have an idea?
Look how impressed I am. No really.
O.K., so maybe it's pretty good. If you want me to do something with it, and
possibly have the pleasure of someone deciding to pick it as a T-shirt they
wantto wear on their scrawny unwashed coathanger of a body, then follow these
If you've managed to do all of that. Then write it out in a nice list and
email it to me at the usual address. Do not send me example images,
your own attempts or the image you'd like to have included. Any
emails containing attachments of any kind will be deleted without me even
replying to you employing irony and/or sarcasm. You have been warned.
- Don't set up your own site and start touting your own designs, it's not
big and it's not clever. There's a good chance O'Reilly will close you down
if they find you doing it without permission. I'm sure some civic-minded
person browsing the search engines for O'Reilly-like T-shirts would be sure to
call the cops on your cheating, copycat ass.
- Look at your idea again, is it original?
- Or does it, in fact, actually suck?
- No? It's still sending out good vibes?
- If so, which book are you basing it on? (most of my designs are a closeish
parody of the book they resemble, such as Windows NT User
Administration/Obliteration, Sendmail/Snooping Email, etc.)
- Tell me what you imagine the subtitles to be (the words at the top or
below the main 'book' title)
- Does it have a black flash across the top right hand corner? What does it
- Who's the 'author'? Try to find some link between the picture on the
design and the author. Have a look at my current work to see what I mean.
- And most importantly what is the image you think it should use? Don't try
to find it yourself unless you have a perfect specimen in mind. Usually I'd
prefer something that can be reduced to grayscale and then possibly posterised
to perhaps 16 graylevels. In general try to find something with a white
background. Notice that I don't use animals, O'Reilly uses animals,
this is not O'Reilly.
Other than that, see what you can do. Acceptible ideas will be credited, but
as I'm not making any money from this you don't get anything. Once the design
is complete I hold sole and total copyright on the image. Emailing me your
ideas acknowledges me as the sole owner of the resultant image. So there.
BOFHcam Home |
O'Really T-shirts |
How to Order |
O'Reilly Inc. |
About BOFHcam |
Not associated with O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. © 2000-2020